First up, some nursing covers (or Hooter Hiders, if you will).

I made these for a some friends of mine. Two were in the scroll work print (one with extra wide boning in it for twins).

And one in the poppy print.

(I included this photo because I think the colors and print show up better with the flash.)

Both fabrics are from Amy Butler. Thanks Mavis for the great tutorial (only a few little modifications made). I really enjoy he blog, plus it has a great name (imustnotthinkbadthoughts). Almost as good as I May Be Knitting A Ranch House. Man, I wish I had come up with that one first. (P.S. Name that movie, if you can.)

I also finished the Slant Pocket Messenger Bag. Yarn is Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Dusty Olive (loved both the yarn and the color). This was both an easy and difficult project at the same time. The knitting was fairly easy, but the pattern dissection and seaming up were a little difficult. It turned out all right, though. I made it to hold my scriptures, which I am happy to say it does very nicely. (Picture of bag with scriptures in it later, if I remember.)

I’ve been working on the Plain Vanilla socks as well. I’ve finished the leg, heel flap, etc. all the way to the foot, which I’m about halfway through. Picture when I finish the first sock.

While I’m thinking about it, here are the links and info for the Mother’s Day projects.

Kim’s potholder: Rodney the Rooster pattern, Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Solid yarn in Red and Cream

Grandma’s dishcloth: Quilted Heart Dishcloth pattern, Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Solid yarn in Cornflower

Advertisements